Qualified working journalists/photographers over the age of 17 may apply for a complimentary Media Pass that provides
• Exhibit Hall access to Comicpalooza during hours open to the public
• Limited access to seminars and panels based on capacity
• Possible interview opportunities with Comicpalooza guests, as directed through Comicpalooza’s Public Relations Office.
To apply for a Media Pass, complete the Press Application Form, and submit it with all required information. All applications must be completed and all required information received no later than June 1, 2016, to be considered. Media outlets will receive notice of Approval, Denial, or Stand-by status within 30 days of submission.
Media Access is for reporters and media outlets who provide significant exposure for Comicpalooza, preferably in national, regional, or genre exposure.
Media outlets are requested to ensure copies of any coverage are sent to the CP Media Relations team.
Media applications will be thoroughly reviewed. Please include any advance convention coverage that you plan to provide as preference is given to outlets providing advance coverage.
Media Access is restricted or limited to working media. The following types of media will be placed on a standby list and may not qualify for Media Access.
• Bloggers or Podcasters with limited distribution
• Individuals who work in non-reporting roles for media outlets
• Convention photographers not on assignment from a media outlet
• An individual who had been granted media access but who cannot provide proof of coverage
Teams do not need to submit an application per person. Instead, submit 1 application per team. Teams are limited to 4 members on the application.
Please note that though team members are submitted together, they will be approved individually, leaving a chance that only some members of a team are approved.
You will be notified by May 9, 2016 as to the approval status of your team.
All credentials for pre-registration needed to submitted no later than June 1, 2016.
Comicpalooza has a a long and dedicated relationship with many outlets that may not qualify for the full press credentials. We still plan to continue that tradition. If you do not believe you will qualify for full press credentials, we still invite you to apply. You may still be approved. However, press credentials may be limited to certain day(s) and certain interview opportunities. All photographers must have valid media outlets to receive a press badge.
Please note the following:
• ONE designated point person in your media outlet should complete this application, on behalf of your organization, for ALL personnel wishing to cover the event on behalf of the outlet. Individual attendees and titles/roles should be listed within that single application. The system is self explanatory. If you have questions about the form or the content of the application, please use our General Contact Form, and the appropriate staff member will assist you.
• Requests for accreditation will only be considered if submitted via the official online application form. Application requests sent by email WILL NOT be accepted.
• Press Credential Applications should be filled out as soon as possible, and no later than June 1, 2016. Walk-up requests will not be granted.
• Your application requires a letter of assignment from the assigning Editor or Producer or letter of intent of coverage to be attached. Each person listed in the badge requests should be listed in this letter. In addition, please note any advance coverage in this letter.
• Once your application is complete, please allow CP time to consider your request. You will be notified by email, within 30 days of submission, whether you have been accepted, denied, or placed on the standby list.
• CP reserves the right to approve or deny accreditation. The decision is final and cannot be appealed.
• Please note that at this time, Comicpalooza does not provide a press room for CP attending press. We will notify you of any changes prior to CP.
Prior authorization is required for any photography and videography in “no photography” zones. In all other areas, please be respectful of attendees’ and celebrities’ wishes. Personal digital cameras ARE allowed at CP events, provided photography is not disruptive nor in a “no photography” zone. Note: flash photography is not allowed during panels.
Please consult with the Media Relations Team for each guest’s on-site videography policy.