- Treat the Hotel and Convention Staff with respect.
- Convention Staff, Guests and Attendees may not engage in any activities that are prohibited by law.
- Convention Staff, Guests and Attendees may not be in possession of any item defined as a weapon, illegal or not. (See Weapons Policy below for more details)
- Convention Staff, Guests and Attendees may not bring any animals onto the premises, with the exception of licensed ADA Working Animals.
- Everyone is required to purchase a ticket for admission; proof of ticket purchase (badge or wrist band) must be displayed at all times. Children 5 and under are free.
- Shoes must be worn at all times.
- No sleeping is allowed in any Convention Area, at any time.
- Outside Alcohol is not permitted in Convention Space — This is a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY.
- Usage or possession of illegal drugs is strictly forbidden — This is a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY.
- Harassment of any type is forbidden — This is a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY.
- We expect participants to follow these rules at all conference venues and conference-related social events.
- Comicpalooza is committed to providing a safe and enjoyable experience. Comicpalooza will not tolerate inappropriate behavior of any kind, including but not limited to harassment because of age, disability, marital status, race or color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity. Harassment of any kind, including physical assault, battery, deliberate intimidation, stalking, or unwelcome physical attentions, will not be tolerated.
- Anyone who feels their experience is being compromised due to unacceptable or questionable behavior is encouraged to speak with Comicpalooza staff immediately. Locate the nearest volunteer and ask to be directed to the Security Office located on the second floor. Personally confronting the aggressor or posting on social media is not advisable.
- Any threatening behavior with the intent to harass, annoy, alarm, abuse, torment or embarrass another is unacceptable and grounds for removal without refund. If unacceptable behavior continues after being escorted out local authorities may be contacted.
- Comicpalooza is not responsible for solving any interpersonal problems that may arise. We can take no action to prevent a person from attending the convention unless that person has made a specific and credible threat toward the convention itself or if another individual can produce a legal restraining order.
- Any and all LIVE weapons are NOT allowed — This includes individuals who possess a weapons permit (concealed or otherwise); Leave your pistols and knives at home.
- All weapons must be checked with Security on each day of the convention. Sharp or dull weapons will be peace-tied at the door as you enter for registration. We would like to note our convention prefers dull weapons.
- Any and all swords must be kept in their scabbard at all times after being peace tied by security.
- If Security decides that a weapon is too dangerous, you will be asked to return the item to your room/car.
- No swinging, play fighting (unarmed included) or throwing of weapons.
- Keep lines single-file and stay close to the wall/barricades.
- No cutting — be courteous to others.
- Don’t argue with the Staff if they attempt to correct you.
- Keep in mind that the Staff is not yelling at you, but they have to speak loudly enough for the entire line to hear.
- Please fill seats as completely as possible — Try not to leave empty spaces.
- Any event-specific rules will be announced at the start of the individual event. Please listen while they are being announced.
Panel lines: Children and parents can stand together in the VIP section of the line if the child has a three day badge, are 5 and under or they have a disabled services sticker on the back of their badge. If none of these apply, we ask that the family stands at the end of the VIP section of the line to be fair to those who have VIP badges.
Photographs & Autographs: If there is no disabled sticker on the back of the badge and the children do not have a three day badge (if the child is 6 or older), they will not be allowed to do the VIP “line jump.” Our goal is to not separate families. If there is an immediate issue, contact a staff member for further instructions.
Security reserves the right to bar entry to any individual.
- Security will not watch or hold bags or items for you — please leave them in your room/car.
- Security may initiate a bag or pocket check for contraband.
- Shoes must be worn at all times.
- No fighting (or dance fighting).
- If you have a history of seizures, asthma or heart attack, please AVOID the dance, rave or band events. The heat and flashing lights may trigger attacks.
- No means no — Harassment will not be tolerated. If you are being harassed in any way, please bring it to the attention of Security.
- Any solicitation of alcohol or drugs will result in immediate expulsion from the event (without refund) — local authorities will be contacted.
How you act and represent yourself will reflect upon the convention as well — Those who abuse their entry will be subject to removal from the convention/without refund from the convention or the Hotel.
A full list of rules for the cosplay/costume event(s) and cosplay in general throughout the convention can be found here:
Purchase of any Comicpalooza convention badge serves as legal consent and acknowledgment of the rules of conduct. Breaking any of the rules will result in the loss of your convention badge without refund.
- Comicpalooza has a policy of badge-marking. If you are seen breaking the rules you may have your badge marked by having a hole punched in it. If your badge is marked and you break another rule your badge will be revoked without refund.
- Anyone picking up a pre-registration badge must have legal ID and a proof of purchase.
- ALL badges are non-transferable and the staff may request ID at anytime that they believe someone may be carrying someone else’s badge.
- All badges must be worn visibly at all times within the Convention areas.
- Comicpalooza is not liable for any lost badges. If your badge is lost, please check with lost and found.
- Comicpalooza badges are required for entry to all Convention events — no exceptions.
- Anyone caught “borrowing” a badge will be removed from the Con, as will the person who “loaned” you their badge. Borrowing or loaning badges is STEALING — Let’s all support the convention the correct way and enjoy it together.