The Comicpalooza Cosplay Contest takes place Saturday, July 16.
The cosplay contest has two divisions: Catwalk (Walk On) and Skit.
Catwalk competitors have 30 seconds on stage and include the following categories:
- Beginner is for people who have just started making their own costumes and haven’t won any awards.
- Intermediate is for people who have more experience costuming and/or have won a few category or judges awards.
- Advanced is for people who have won best in show/1st at another competition and/or have three or more major awards or are a professional.
Skits have 3 minutes and 30 seconds on stage.
Winners are announced after the halftime show and brought back on stage.
Winner categories included:
- Best in Beginner and Beginner Runner Up
- Best in Intermediate and Intermediate Runner Up
- Best in Advanced and Advanced Runner Up
- Best in Skit and Skit Runner Up
- Best in Show
Please be advised that signing up for the cosplay contest is an affirmation that you agree to adhere to the rules presented on the Comicpalooza website as well as any decisions made by cosplay staff prior to, or during, Comicpalooza.
All cosplay events/panels have the potential to be photographed/filmed/recorded in some fashion. These recordings may be used in future galleries or promotions. Signing up for, and/or attending, any cosplay event is done with the understanding that recording could occur at any time, and permission is tacitly given for the participant’s likeness to be used.