Friday, May 26th, 2023 | 5:00 P.M. | Grand Ballroom Pre-function 3rd Floor
Are you a creative duo (cosplayer and photographer) seeking your next challenge? If so, the Comicpalooza Photo Scramble may be your next path to fame and glory. The Photo Scramble is about a team’s ability to adapt quickly to their environment, stretch beyond the everyday expectation, and produce quality photos that strongly evoke positive emotions from fans. There are limited spots available so sign up now!
If you are looking for a Comicpalooza Photo Scramble partner, a 45-minute Meetup will take place before the official contest. Cosplayers and photographers alike are welcome to gather and form alliances. Feel free to show up and share some of your interests with other potential team members. The meetup will also take place on the 3rd floor at the Grand Ballroom Pre-function area.
Rules & Process:
- If you are looking for a partner, a 45-minute Meetup will take place before the Official Photo Scramble. At 4 p.m., cosplayers and photographers alike are welcome to gather and form alliances. Feel free to show up and share some of your interests with other potential team members.
- Entrants are required to sign up together to form a Team of exactly one photographer and one cosplayer. Each entrant may only participate in one Team during this contest.
- Entrants MUST be a registered Comicpalooza attendee to compete – and MUST have a badge, pass, or other forms of attendee membership. There are no other costs to enter.
- All Teams will compete simultaneously over a limited period to produce a Collection of photos.
- Should Comicpalooza reach entry capacity, a waiting list will be created. In the instance that a Team is not present during check in, substitutions will be made based on the order submissions were received. As such, all Teams are encouraged to be present at check in.
- Once check in is complete, Prompts will be disclosed. All Teams will be competing using the same Prompts.
- A Comicpalooza computer shall be the official timekeeper for the purposes of the Photo Scramble.
- All photos MUST include the cosplayer from their respective Team.
- Comicpalooza adheres to the "PG‐13 rule" when it comes to language and hand gestures in photographs for this competition. Violation of this rule may cause you to be disqualified from the Photo Scramble.
- All cosplay MUST cover "swimsuit areas"—no nudity. Appropriate body-paint cosplay is only eligible for the Photo Scramble if “swimsuit areas” are completely covered.
- No pyrotechnics, fire, explosive devices, live animals, or similar special effects can be used during the competition; this includes smoke/smog machines and flash paper/powder. Anyone who violates this rule may be disqualified from the competition and be asked to leave the convention area depending on the severity of the incursion.
- Comicpalooza reserves the right to turn away any contest entry it deems inappropriate or not in compliance with the rules.
- All prop weapons MUST conform to the Comicpalooza prop policies, including being checked. As such, we encourage all entrants to check in their prop weapons early to avoid any unnecessary loss of time during competition.
- All cosplay events/panels have the potential to be photographed/filmed/recorded in some fashion. These recordings may be used in future galleries or promotions. Signing up for, and/or attending, any cosplay event is done with the understanding that recording could occur at any time, and permission is tacitly given for the participant's likeness to be used.
- Comicpalooza reserves the right to republish/reuse any photographs uploaded for entry into this contest on social media and other promotional channels.
- Each Team will receive a shareable link to increase their chances of winning by encouraging more voting.
- Voting will occur throughout Comicpalooza weekend with the winner being announced within the following 10 days at which time Comicpalooza will use social media to announce the winning Teams. Winners will also be contacted via email with instructions on how to receive their prizes.
- All Teams MUST abide by the Health and Safety guidelines, and the Code of Conduct available on the Comicpalooza’s website at https://www.comicpalooza.com under General Information.
- Comicpalooza’s decisions shall be final and binding with regard to all matters arising out of this Photo Scramble.
- Per Team, Collections will be available to the public to vote. The two Teams that receive the most votes for their Collection will be declared winners.
- Check-In: On Friday, May 26th, 2023, at 5 p.m., in the Prefunction space located in front of the Grand Ballroom on the 3rd floor, Teams MUST check in with the Comicpalooza staff. After a brief introduction and Q&A, Teams will receive a Prompt with further instructions.
- Prompts will pertain to FOUR photos that MUST be represented in the Collection of each Team.
- Once check-in is complete, a 45-minute timer will begin at ~5 p.m. and Teams MUST complete their Prompt entirely during this time. Completion includes uploading their Collection—of no more than FOUR photos—to the submission link provided in the Prompt. Collections will not be accepted after the timer has run out.
- All photos MUST be taken inside the GRB and/or anywhere outside along Avenida and its four surrounding sidewalks. Photos taken on any streets, skybridges, Discovery Green, or anywhere else not previously mentioned and permitted may result in disqualification.
- After 45 minutes, the submission link will close, and Teams will no longer be able to participate.
- All entrants MUST provide a completed W-9 to be eligible for any prizes in the contest. W-9 MUST be uploaded for each team member during the sign-up process or entry will be considered invalid.
- Once a team has finished their Prompts, they MUST return to the Prefunction space—located in front of the Grand Ballroom on the 3rd floor—before the 45-minute timer has ended to complete the check-out process.
- After all photos have been uploaded and vetted, Comicpalooza will host these online throughout Comicpalooza Weekend (May 26th – 28th) where fans can vote for their favorite Team. Winners will be determined by the Teams that have accrued the most overall votes for their Collections. In the event of a tie, Comicpalooza reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to select the method of tiebreaker.